OEM USA


 
Home > Company > History

History

A legacy of innovation.

For more than 175 years, B. Braun has worked to improve the health of people. With thousands of pioneering achievements in the medical field, the privately owned company remains at the forefront of medical innovation.  

The origins of B. Braun can be traced back to 1839, when Julius Wilhelm Braun purchased a pharmacy in Melsungen, Germany. His eldest son, Bernhard Braun, began producing pharmaceutical products like migraine sticks and plasters in 1864. Commercially registered as B. Braun in 1867, the company had launched a legacy of superior products, value-added services and customer-minded focus.  

Today, with a workforce of more than 56,000 employees in over 64 countries, B. Braun is one of the largest suppliers to the international health care markets. The product range comprises more than 30,000 medical and pharmaceutical products.  

The OEM Division operation has been part of B. Braun for over 30 years. In 1979, B. Braun purchased Burron Medical Products, Bethlehem, Pa., USA, a leading medical manufacturer, and became known as B. Braun Medical Inc. in 1992. Backed by the resources of a worldwide leader in the medical field, the OEM business continued to expand. Other B. Braun operations worldwide also offered OEM and Industrial services. We retired the “Burron” name in 2003 and eventually became the B. Braun OEM Division to reflect our linkage with one of the most advanced medical and pharmaceutical products companies in the world.

To learn more about B. Braun, visit www.bbraun.com

Not all products are registered and approved for sale in all countries or regions. Please contact your country representative for product availability.